How To Get On The First Page of Google
First off I wanted to thank Todd Zahnle with Northwest Benefits the opportunity to work with them and help out with their Local Search Optimization. It is a great feeling to watch a client climb to the top of the Google results for their products and services, especially in such a short time frame.
Here is the condensed version of what I did in order to get first page rankings in such a short period of time.
- Identified the proper categories that I was going to use for all of my listings so they are consistent.
- Claim and completely fill out the the follow listings: Yelp, Insider Pages and Super Pages.
- Upload your 10 images on Insider Pages (you will be using these on your Google Places page).
- Create backlinks to each of those listing so that Google will find them and see they are complete and consistent with the Google Places listing.
- Create a simple video using your 10 pictures – you can do this for free at http://www.animoto.com
- Create a YouTube channel and upload your video *****Name your video CITYKEYWORD***** – Be sure to include your business name, address, phone number and company website in your description. You will also want to GEO target your video to your business location.
- 100% Complete your Google Places page listing – Upload all the photos using your Insider Pages URL, add your video from your YouTube account and complete all of the information until it tells you you are 100% complete.
Now that you have completed all of that you should go onto Google and type in your City plus your main Category and see where you end up. You may not be on the first page and will have to click on the Places tab on the left hand side to see where you stand. The key to you Google Places listing is your Business Name, Address, Phone and Website……You need to have that in as many places as possible and it all needs to be the exact same. Reviews are another big part of our listing and don’t try and fake these it will only get you in trouble.
We have a crazy new reporting engine that will show you exactly where you are at across the entire Internet and give you a specific game plan on how to improve your presence and reputation. If you would like us to run a FREE report on you business just send us an email or fill out the form below